[Spridgets] Ralph Nader. . Corvair

Phil Nase nases at verizon.net
Sat Jul 3 13:48:57 MDT 2010

I'd like to hear that story, Biff.  You should write it up and post it on your
website.

Phil Nase
Quakertown, PA
home.comcast.net/~philnasecpa/

On Jul 3, 2010, at 3:14 PM, "Biff Jones" <biffjones at verizon.net> wrote:

> Lester,
>
> Your father was correct about the axles having no restraining straps and yes
(BTDT) they could 'droop' enough resulting in riding on the sidewall of the
tire.  I had a brand new Corvair Monza Spider convertible and the axle problem
happened to me a couple of times once I mastered how to keep the front end
forward.  I can't remember how many times I swapped ends before I managed to
retrain my cornering techniques.  There is a long story as to why I never made
my first payment on the car and why the dealer took it back and gave me not
only my money back but a '60 Corvette free.