[Spridgets] Ralph Nader. . Corvair

Robert E. Shlafer pilotrob at webtv.net
Tue Jul 6 00:54:37 MDT 2010

Yep.....we had a 60 and equipped it with an
EMPI (I think it was EMPI....long time ago) after market compensator with better than stock tires. Did the trick.

I couldn't drive rear engine that well but my younger bro' had a real knack for drifting the car around corners with the tail hangin' way out there.

He could keep up with any MGA or TR3 on Stamford backroads. Great driver......and
excellent tax accountant as well! :)

Later on he had a '64 with compensator and ABARTH for "proper & appropriate"
sound, Sweet car.

Best thing about the early models (IMHO) was their great gas heaters in winter!! :)

CB