[Spridgets] Vintage racing in Joliet, IL

Ron Soave soavero at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 8 17:39:15 MDT 2010

And if Peter says no, I have 2 crew passes as well!!! Between John and me,
there will most definitely be something to do.

--- On Thu, 7/8/10, Peter

<peter at nosimport.com>
> Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Vintage racing in Joliet, IL
> To: "Deikis, John G" <John.Deikis at va.gov>, spridgets at autox.team.net
> Date:
Thursday, July 8, 2010, 12:47 PM

wrote:
> >Got a free weekend?
>
> Maybe... still on the fence. Don't need
your pass if I do,
> though.
>
> ><SNIP>
> >
> >--JohnD
> >

> >p.s.:
Peter Caldwell:   do you remember
> pulling pieces of front seal
> >spring out
of my timing cover at Blackhawk a couple of
> years back? Well,
> >another big
piece came out stuck to my magnetic drain
> plug last Sunday
> >when I drained
my winter oil!
> -----------------
> Yep... very well, and the lesson learned
is/was, when
> tightening the
> crank bolt, be sure the slinger is properly
positioned, as
> if not,
> the slinger can become pinched behind the key, be
off
> center, and
> tear the $hit out of the seal.
>
> Right John?