[Spridgets] Speedwell Clip....

fastvee fastvee at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 11 07:57:13 MDT 2010

Thanks for explaining Ron. When I first decided to convert my Sprite to vintage specs I was thoroughly confused with my observations of "Vintage" cars, and I was asking questions here. It seems like vintage is the only place that you can be rewarded for flagrantly ignoring the rule book, and now it includes ignoring the class tire size! I saw an ad yesterday by an SCCA driver selling his Sprite and advertising that it only needs steel fenders to be vintage. This is a car that was a trick limited prep H/P just a couple of years ago, and I suppose we could see it at a vintage event now that the SCCA has screwed up H/P. For a while I was upset at the lack of rules enforcement, but lately I'm thinking the run what you brung approach will be fun. We are in the same boat though, I will be putting an old school engine together, and with the full cage the car has never weighed less than 1450 Lbs. That weight would be OK, but I am 40 Lbs. heavier than when I
 raced this car last! My summer is being consumed with this complete bare metal rebuild, and is a repeat of my summer 30 years ago.
John
Fogelsville, PA