[Spridgets] Trying to start up the old MG

Frank Clarici spritenut at comcast.net
Tue Jul 13 16:50:25 MDT 2010

A few more notes.....
The starter may be jammed, there is a square shaft on the back end, put
a wrench on it and give it a twist. That is as long as the engine is not
seized.
Also double check the ground wire, it is under the car from the inner
seat rail (passenger side) to the bell housing or slave cyl bolt.
Make sure it's there, tight and clean.
Once it spins over, pull the top of the carb float lids off.
3 screws each, check for any mung in the bowls, fill them 3/4 with fresh
gas and NOW see if it fires up. I would pull the wire off the electric
fuel pump behind the right rear wheel so it doesn't pump whatever is in
the tank into the carbs for now.
We all hope you get it running and we are here to see to it. :)

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ