[Spridgets] hows this for quality workmanship....

Guy R Day grday at btinternet.com
Fri Jul 16 14:09:42 MDT 2010

Whilst I agree with Derf for the practical solution but I would ring K&N and
play merry hell over the phone to their quality control and demand  an
immediate replacement couriered to my door.  After that arrives, repair the
old one either the Derf way or with small taper head bolts and nuts in the
spot weld areas.  If you do it this way put a spot of super glue on the nuts
'cause you don't want them being sucked in if they rattle loose.   It's been
my experience that even a spot welder doesn't repair that sort of job.
After you have repaired the old one you've got one to replace the new one
that will fall apart in another 600 days or so!

Guy R Day