[Spridgets] No LBC, Still trying to trap my ill kitty

Linda Grunthaner grunthaner at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 18:16:28 MDT 2010

List,
I am so heart broken because my ill kitty is still in the wooded area of the
trailer park that I can't even look at cars tools or web car stuff. Even my
new rebuilt starter sits in the trunk as I have no interest to install or
look at my Spridget now. I saw her, Stitches once a day in the wooded shrubs
for almost 2 weeks now but then she runs in deeper although I'm back to
crying again as I haven't seen her in 2 full days.

I have had to return my Have-A-Heart trap already for failures and I now
found a better one recommended by the associations which catch and spay
& neuter feral cats as well as the SPCA. I ordered it today but won't get it
till Wednesday  then I leave for my western trip for 2 full weeks but this
one I can put a cloth over top and it won't interfere with the mechanism.

I have read many books websites, and spoken with experts and found that I
have a displaced cat, this is a common problem when people go to the vet, or
groomer or like with me pet sitter and their indoor cat gets loose. The
displaced cat has a hard time figuring out where they are and where home is
as well as the most important thing they feel they are prey and everything
including the owner is a predator. This is even more common with the high
strung Calico cat because they have all the "flavors" of cat in one cat.
Making them especially wacky like Stitches. My cat would hide for an hr if
someone came to the door even after they left. Stitches is scared as hell
and afraid she will be eaten.

The other day I was advised to put the trap near a big bowl of food as well
as put food in the trap so the other cats won't go in and being Stitches is
not invited to feast with others "yet" she would go in the trap. Well not
only did I get no cat in my trap none of the food was touched. I am assuming
they all ate at one of the trailers which feeds all cats. I was now told to
put Stitches bedding and toys in the carrier without food.
And suggested leave it locked open so she gets in and stays in without fear
of the trap. Then after a few days set the trap. It is a long shot but I'll
try anything.

I will not give up i am loyal to Stitches even if she doesn't recognize me
from fear. She is my morning alarm clock for school. I am also going to make
more color posters and bring them door to door especially to the trailers
which feed all the cats and find out if she is eating there as if they are
all strays she may be invited.

I'm also going to order a throw net but I would rather make one how do you
think they weight them? With thick rope on the bottom?
http://www.livetrap.com/cgi/search.cgi?user_id=&database=dbase1.exm&template=template1.shtml&0_option=1&0=TN4

Thanks for all the encouragement you are all so very kind, any other ideas
welcome,
Linda