[Spridgets] carpet glue

Frank Clarici spritenut at comcast.net
Thu Jun 3 16:32:04 MDT 2010

On 6/3/2010 5:02 PM, Greg Higgins wrote:
> I'm going to help a friend install a carpet kit in his LBC this weekend. I
> have always used Lepages contact cement, it stinks but holds great.The down
> side is if you make a mistake when fitting the piece, it can sometime be a
> bear to re-adjust. I was looking at Barney Gaylord's site, one of the guy's
> was using white carpet cement from Home Depot, the cost was $14.00 a gallon,
> it looked to be forgiving if you didn't get the piece right the first time.
>
> Has anyone else used carpet white carpet cement?

3M # 74 spray glue.
It is forgiving, holds fine for years yet if you have to pull it up say
to get to the tranny filler plug, you can, you just have to hit it with
more spray glue to hold it back down.
Many glues are one time only, you may never be able to get the rug back
up without it unraveling. Not so with #74.
Spray the metal, spray the glue, and stick them together.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ