[Spridgets] Spridgets Digest, Vol 37, Issue 33

Joe Armour Joea at wgegroup.com
Sun Jun 20 18:50:07 MDT 2010

Sebring Sprites
The 1965 car was the first built of this version and the history is well
listed in Bill Emersions 'THE HEALEY BOOK'

The two Texas cars are a very interesting story. Both the open roadster
and coupe are genuine Donald Healey Moter Company built cars BUT there
were never raced by the Healey Company as the BMC contract and therefore
funding of the race program was terminated.
The roadster was already complete in 1968 for the Targa Florio but never
entered.
The coupe was not completed until after the last official Healey Company
enties at Sebring 1968 with a BRG car and revised headlight location and
the 1967 Sebring and LeMans car that was upgraded and fitted with Lucas
fuel injection and Weslake cross flow head and rear spoiler for the last
official entry, LeMans in 1968.
The coupe was then completed and along with the roadster sold to the
East Coast Distributor.
The cars were then sold and raced in the USA only by the Ring Free Oil /
Baker Team

Joe Armour

Message: 6