[Spridgets] Locost 7

Doug Altman doug_altman at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 3 03:58:11 MST 2010

I'm considering this as my next project.  Ron Champion's book (the one you
mention) is out of print and expensive to buy.  It has been replaced by Chris
Gibbs' book.  I've read Gibbs, Keith Tanner, and Gary Brizendine.  I need to
get the space frame plans from McSorely yet.  If you want to design a fine
tuned racing suspension they also suggest reading Stainforth, Milliken, Puhn,
and VanVaulkenburgh.  A good reference on fasteners is Carroll Smith's book,
but it, too, is quite expensive.  I am now in the process of wading through
everything on the USA Locost forum that has a wealth of information.
http://www.locostusa.com/forums/  Now all I need is the time and money to get
started.  I have begun looking for a Mazda MX5 Miata junker as a donor car.
Doug Altman    ....o~'o