[Spridgets] sudden steering wheel departure

Frank spritenut at comcast.net
Sat Mar 6 16:39:25 MST 2010

corvallis at peoplepc.com wrote:
> March 04, 2010 11:38 PM EST
> ARLINGTON, Wash. (AP) - State troopers said a man is lucky to have only
> minor injuries when he crashed his car into a barn after his steering wheel
> popped off while driving. T
My good friend while riding around with his girl friend back in 1973
driving a 64 Chebby had his steering wheel come off, he hit the brakes,
veered into a closed gas station and a cop saw it all.
The cop pulls up and said "That was real cute, would you mind explaining"
Fred shows him the steering wheel in his hands which were still shaking
and said "Here M-Fer, YOU try it!"
The cop said "I assume you will get that fixed?" Fred calmed down and
said he was sorry for calling him that, the cop laughed and said under
the same circumstances, I probably would have crapped my pants and told
a cop pretty much the same thing.
Nobody hurt, no damage, and the wheel nut has come off. Fred fixed it on
the spot with pliers until he got home to tighten the nut.