[Spridgets] Hemmings Sprite Article

David Lieb 72spridget at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 15:03:07 MST 2010

Interesting issue of Hemmings Sports & Exotic Car magazine this month...
As was mentioned earlier, there is an article on a Sprite in Vermont
with a Jaguar 3.8 in it. FrankenSprite (similar to the Fright of Colin
Dodds).

Satch Carlson's column is about the demise of Saab. I find his
concluding paragraph very interesting... As far as he is concerned,
Saab died when they put the name onto an Oldsmobile Bravada. Very good
point.

There is also an article about a father/son restoration of a Bugeye. A
few items of confusion in there, such as the statement that they sent
the body shell out for painting, etc and worked on the chassis while
waiting for the shell to come back. Not quite sure how they pulled
that one off ;-) Another paragraph talks about the car having had some
kind of factory-installed padding in the boot that they had to
laboriously scrape off. I don't recall seeing that in Horler; anyone
know what they are talking about?
David L