[Spridgets] question re: Spridget hood.

DAVID GROPPER kk7ss at verizon.net
Sat Mar 13 22:45:42 MST 2010

My '65's bonnet has only the two inner bolts fitted on each side where the hinge is fixed to the bonnet..
The two outer holes in the bonnet on each side are just that... holes!
No captive nut or anything..

It has the hinges that the BMC workshop manual says is for the UK market --- not the 'scissor' type.
I'd weld the sucker, but then I would not be able to easily remove the
bonnet.

I need suggestions on how to fix this, someway to get bolts in the outer holes on each side, would be welcome...

Dave G.