[Spridgets] Ford Roush P51B Engine NO LBC

Larry Daniels ladaniels at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 23 17:52:24 MST 2010

Not even close.  800 to 900 HP was the norm.  The Porsche 917/30 was
estimated at nearly 1200 HP in race tune and nearly 1600 HP in qualifying
tune.  That HP is what caused the series to die.  Total domination does not
make for a fun spectator event.

NASCAR understands that and phonies up a race to become a spectacle.

Sorry, the 510 HP Mustang may be impressive, but it's not even close to the
Porsche, or any other,  Can-Am car.

Porsche forever,

LAD