[Spridgets] rear brake adjuster wedge

Guy R Day grday at btinternet.com
Wed Mar 24 05:50:22 MST 2010

David,
I readily accept it is a common problem and this enquiry has been raised
many, many times in the past and at length.

I've too have come across the problem with part worn shoes but never with
new.  This problem needs to be correctly resolved both for Lee's and others
concerns.

But is the correct answer to place a lump of weld on the end of the shoes?
If they are wrong shouldn't representation be made to the brake shoe
supplier / manufacturer or to stop buying short length shoes.  (Drift away
from being serious - No one is allowed to mention dwarves !! )

Should we be asking suppliers to measure the brake shoes to see what
variations there are within them?

Best wishes

Guy R Day