[Spridgets] smooth case brass cones

brian S bugeye15 at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 28 14:41:30 MST 2010

>From the Yahooey Bugeye list in case anyone is interested.

Brian S.
Bugeyeracer finally resto'ed!

G'day guys

I just checked my stocks and I have only one of these cones left, with
a tag on it saying Genuine NOS BMC. I'm not selling it as it might be
the only sample we have one day.

However, there is a local gearbox repair shop who I have used before to
remove, replace and machine these brass cones. Only Les, the owner of
the shop, knows how to do it and he's going to retire one day. I just
phoned him. He has a machinist make up the cones for him, low volume of
course, and the machinist is retiring in June.

It's getting to be a long story, isn't it!

I asked Les if he would be prepared to sell the brass cones by
themselves, on the guarantee that they would be going overseas and not
used locally to compete with him. No problem with him, and he can get
his machinst to make as many as we want.

Cost would be $33 AUD (=$30 USD) each. Not cheap, but reasonable I
think since it's a tedious manual machining task and there's a lot of
material wastage.

On the other hand, postage per item would be quite small as they don't
weigh much. Air Mail for three of them to the US would be just $12 USD.

I'm about to place an order for Joakim and two other guys.  Please contact me
off-line in the next 48 hours if you want any.

avagoodday

Colin

www.SpriteParts. com.au