[Spridgets] Why Is It?

Frank spritenut at comcast.net
Tue Mar 30 15:59:49 MST 2010

Every time I put a dizzy drive in, I get it 180 out?
And since I get it wrong 100% of the time with only a 50/50 chance, this
time I took my time, went by the book
And after carefully studying the dizzy drive for the larger or smaller
offset by about 1 mm, I put it in and followed the book.
Well I just went to fire up my Sprite after the rebuild and paint and it
was 180 out.
You can tell right away by the big POP when it starts to spin over.
So I fixed it and the new engine sounds great.
Open headers as of now and some major wiring still needs to be finished
but it runs with 70 psi of oil pressure.
I'm happy, the paint came out great (finally) and now the engine sounds
sweet too.
Just some wiring and an interior to finish up along with a cooling
system, some lamps, seats, etc and I'll have my Sprite back.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ