[Spridgets] Bugeye Problem

kramer.allen at comcast.net kramer.allen at comcast.net
Sat May 1 06:05:08 MDT 2010

Hey guys,

Been away for a while taking care of my business. Finally had some time to take the bugeye out for a run. Beautiful day in Bucks County, PA. I was out for about an hour when the car started to miss. The car finally died and I coasted into a driveway. Car would start for about 30 seconds and died again. I noticed air bubbles coming into the clear gas filter so I cranked the car until they cleared. The car started and ran fine so I headed home which took another 10 minutes. At home I parked the car in the driveway shutting down the engine. Opened the garage door and went to start the car and the starter is completely dead. Will not crank the engine. I did notice the fuel gauge needle reading low. When the car was running it showed I had about 3/8 tank of fuel.

Any suggestions on where to start trouble shooting?

Thank you,

Allen

1960 Bugeye