[Spridgets] timing

Frank Clarici spritenut at comcast.net
Fri May 7 19:59:44 MDT 2010

On 5/7/2010 8:16 PM, Jess Power wrote:
> Ok the timing on this 1275cc motor was not done after engine
> rebuild.Turned the crank to where the mark on the pulley is about 4
> degrees BTDC.I am using the compression stroke on was is labeled as #1
> cylinder.This is the cylinder closest to the front of the car.Now when
> inserting the distributor it faces what is marked as #4 spark plug on
> the distibutor cap.The dog drive will not seat 180 degrees from here
> which would be #1 wire.Is the Number 1 cylinder the one closest to the
> front of the car?

Congratulations, the drive gear is 180 out.
I do it every single time!

Remove the dizzy clamp, unscrew the collar, insert a long 5/16 x 24 bolt
into the drive gear, twist and pull it out.
If you can make a mark with a sharpie or something on the gear, so you
can tell when you have it 180 around.
Yeah, yeah, the book says keep the smaller slot up or what ever but
those 2 slots are .0000001 different and can not be seen with the naked
eye or even a magnifying glass.
Put a mark on the top, screw in a bolt, pop it out, put the mark on the
bottom.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ