[Spridgets] Pedal box modifications - just pedals

WeslakeMonza1330 at aol.com WeslakeMonza1330 at aol.com
Sat May 8 13:52:24 MDT 2010

Hi List,
After a lot of though I decided against modifying the pedal box  (moving
the pivot) and went with modifying the pedals, actually just the clutch
pedal, instead.
I now have the seat 1.75" further back which is absolutely as far  back as
it goes (it's a thin racing seat).  So I consequently have 1.75" more arm
reach but not yet  straight arms (with a steering column already shortened by
1.0" and a flat  steering wheel).
What I did in the end was increase the length of the clutch pedal
(directly under the pad) though ideally it needs to be a bit longer  still.  For the
brake pedal I simply swapped  the standard 1969 pedal for a 1500 Midget
brake pedal which I already knew sat a  lot higher.
For the throttle pedal I swapped back to my less shortened 15   Midget
pedal that I had in a few years ago.
I'm sure we'd all like an extra 1.75"(!) and certainly the car does feel  a
lot more comfortable and I even notice the difference when getting in and
out.

So, job done apart from eventually lengthening another 69 clutch  pedal.

Weslake-Monza 1330s