[Spridgets] Fitting harnesses (of the seatbelt variety)

Rick Bastedo rbastedo at gmail.com
Wed May 19 09:56:10 MDT 2010

Hi Chris, I recently got new belts for my MK2 Sprite and I'm very happy with
them.
The quality is excellent, the fittings worked and the shine on the chrome is
incredible.
I chose "flame red" webbing for my red car, I've got black seats with red
trim.
I think they look awesome!
Here  is the website where I ordered mine:

http://www.gotbelts.com/

These are the ones I put in my car:

http://www.gotbelts.com/nonrechlilap29.html

Rick Bastedo

From: Chris Rae <Chris.Rae at microsoft.com>
Subject: [Spridgets] Fitting harnesses (of the seatbelt variety)

Hi all - was good to see a bunch of you on Saturday. Especially the ones who
fixed my car for me while I stood there looking nice.

Driving the car to Phil's house made me think that perhaps now was a good
time
to get some seat belts. I notice that Moss have some achingly expensive
retractable belts
(http://www.mossmotors.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=49407) so
that
got me wondering whether I'd rather have harnesses. I had another car with
harnesses and I rather got used to liking it - does anyone have any
experience
with fitting a race harness to a Spridget? I am guessing I just need to weld
bar across the back somewhere and stick 'em onto it, but any tips
appreciated.
:)

Chris