[Spridgets] Carlisle Update

Frank Clarici spritenut at comcast.net
Sat May 22 20:24:56 MDT 2010

On 5/22/2010 9:15 PM, Kevin Valentine wrote:

> Frank made it and it did NOT rain!!!!
>
> There were some very good deals found this year ;)

Oh yes it did. I hit rain on crossing the Delaware but just a sprinkle.
But I did hit a downpour in Jersey 20 miles from home, enough for wipers
but not enough to stop and put the top up.
But at least it rained for my Carlisle trip. I mean, it is tradition, I
missed one year in the past 22 years that I have been going, it rained
21 of those years.
It did NOT rain the year I was in England and at the Beaulea swap meet,
but let me tell you it rained like hell when I was there, but not in
Carlisle.
It must be me.

As for deals, I always find deals.
Original SU carb kits, complete with everything $5 each.
Complete front end rubber kit (NOS) Quinten Hazell $5 each, I have 2.
And of course the usual $1 rotors, flashers, accell cables, and the
normal deals.
Kevin can vouch for the Vandervell engine bearings at $10 a set too.
Seems like there was quite a bit of Kingsborne stuff there this year too.
And we found all these deals AFTER Tony Benetto was there for a full day
and a half and scarfed up all the engines, trannys, and diffs.

Lots a faces from the list, we met several for lunch today.
Great place, great people, and lots of parts, what else is there?
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ