[Spridgets] Wee-SHIT

Ron Soave soavero at yahoo.com
Sun May 23 20:04:02 MDT 2010

We had a miniature OSHIT at my house today with Dave Woerpel and Larry Daniels. It was a rousing success from my standpoint and I just wanted to shout-out to these guys for wastin...I mean, SPENDING their Sunday working on my race car and a few other Spritely endeavors. We spent a few hours tweaking the rear axle trying to overcome what appears to be an axle housing that came twisted from the factory! We got it as good as it can be (when I say "we", I pretty much mean Dave). Larry and I worked on a few other issues, and we added a Pertronix rev limiter, which seems to be working swimmingly. After a winter of slumber, White Trash roared to life after maybe 3 seconds of cranking. The motor seems wonderfully tight, and Peter C.'s field creation of a clutch pedal stop seems to have solved the Tilton clutch weirdness that we saw at Road America last fall. Blackhawk Farms in 3 weeks, NOW I'm really psyched.

After the work was done, Dave had some fun driving the BMW 328i I recently drove back from FL (my Mom's car), and I got my first seat time in a new Cooper S. Good stuff for both of us, I think. Dave also endured relentless salesmanship on my Alfa (it's a running joke). All in good fun.

Anyway, HUGE shout-out to the boys; sorry Chris Manuel could not make it (bummer about the radiator, dude!). Peter C. was living it up with Stix and Stones curling/golf outing, I believe, so he had some fun. Great weekend for it.

Ron