[Spridgets] It's back .....rusty Bugeye with trunk opening....eBay.

Frank Clarici spritenut at comcast.net
Wed Nov 3 17:02:12 MST 2010

On 11/3/2010 7:24 PM, Jay Fishbein wrote:
> My thoughts are that this is a rusted Bugeye with some sort of modification to
> the rear deck.
>
> A lost Healey prototype?

So this is the 4th time this same car has come up on Ebay, it started
out at $500 some years back. No one has done anything to it, it just
gets more rusty with age.
But back when it first popped up, some one from Ireland said it was
indeed a factory modification to some of the Bugeyes.
He said "I have one that I bought new and it has this boot lid".
He said there were 3 of these made that he was aware of.
If you look at the seller's picture of the aftermarket lid and the pics
of the real lid, you can see some substantial differences.
Look at the drip channel, the hinges, hinge braces, and latch.
That is NOT a kit. Same truck handle as the early MKII Sprites, same
trunk hinges and all the Spridgets and pretty much the same drip channel.
Look at the boot lid itself, that is not a kit, nor home made unless
someone had access to a fantastic metal shop.
My vote says it's the real deal.
Would I pay $1500 for it, no way!, maybe $150.
And there is a reserve on it too. Everything is gone on that car.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ