[Spridgets] Zero Feedback on an eBay Seller

J Foster tr3.4.me at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 16:21:12 MST 2010

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 3:49 PM, Kirk Hargreaves <khargreaves2 at gmail.com>
wrote:
> ...  As such many
> of my transactions do not show due to the fact that I did not leave
feedback
> to buyers who did not leave positive feedback to me first.  If there was no
> response from the buyer, I would leave it alone as I did not want to risk
my
> feedback rating.

Personally I don't like sellers who act that way.  The buyer's part of
the transaction should be complete at payment so the seller should
leave feedback as to promptness (or lack thereof) of payment first.
It is then the responsibility (shirked by some, I know) of the buyer
to provide feedback as to quality / timeliness of shipping and
accuracy of the recieved product matching the sellers description.
IF/WHEN there is a problem at reciept the buyer should be REQUIRED to
contact the seller FIRST to attempt to work out the issue and then
leave feedback when the transaction is fully completed.

I normally _refuse_ to leave feedback for a seller until they've left
feedback for me for the above reason, and if the sellers item
description states they will leave feedback after they get feedback I
typically look for another seller.  If the seller communicates
extremely well with me (personally acknowledging payment, advising of
shipping, and providing some way to contact outside of eBay's
messaging system if there are issues) then I will leave feedback prior
to getting feedback from them.