[Spridgets] Fwd: Re: disconnecting front motor mounts?

Jim Johnson bmwwxman at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 13:04:58 MST 2010

Yup...  That was in the yellow Midget racer...  I also remember it was a
wrestling match to get the tranny pilot shaft back into the clutch and fly
wheel but it finally slipped in. However, that was a necessity as we didn't
have an engine hoist available. Just pulled the lump in my Midget and did it
by myself using a hoist and leaving the tranny attached.

BTW, if anyone has a spare ribcase laying around ping me off list.  There
was a LOT of silvery colored oil coming out of mine.   ;-(   Even though
there wasn't much on the magnetic drain plug I'm assuming silver flakes in
the oil are NOT a good sign. I have a couple of ribcase bits and pieces, but
I'm really not experienced enough to try to rebuild a tranny - or even to
know signs of wear when I see them....

Cheers!!
Jim