[Spridgets] Parking lot woes...

BJNoSHOV8 bjshov8 at tx.rr.com
Tue Nov 16 18:58:41 MST 2010

The dentist is a professional service, they charge whatever they can get
away with.  Supply and demand seems to control that.

I lost my dentist and was lazy in finding a new one, then I managed to
break a tooth during my accident last summer.  My wife had just signed
me on her company dental plan so she picked a new dentist from their
list and I went.  I had an initial visit, then I went back to have the
tooth fixed (bonding) and had x-rays taken.  I had a big cavity in one
molar left from a deteriorated filling so I needed a crown.  I came back
for visit 3 for the crown preparation, then visit 4 to have the crown
installed.  I needed a "deep cleaning" so I had to schedule visits 5 and
6 for that.  That's 6 visits in about 3 months.  Some was paid by
insurance, the rest went on our credit card.  I know it was expensive
but I don't think we were charged anything out of the ordinary.

The new dentist isn't very old but she has built a pretty good practice
in 4 or 5 years, so she is doing pretty good.