[Spridgets] Cement in the engine?

Kirk Hargreaves khargreaves2 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 15:15:53 MST 2010

I was listening to a talk show host the other day who mentioned that he was
at the dock where he keeps his very large twin screw boat.  There was
another guy working on his boat which has two Volvo gas engines.

The guy mentioned that one of his Volvo engines had a cracked block and that
he fixed it by pouring cement into it.  He said that it was an old trick
that he learned from some race car guys who have used it on their race
engines.

He then said that he pressure checked the block and the cement held the
crack.  As such he has been using the engine and it has been working fine
..  as though there was never a crack in the first place.

I have never heard of this before.  . and I would guess that he used a
certain type of thin cement.

Anyone ever heard of such a thing?

Kirk
1275 59