[Spridgets] saw a 1964 Sprite on the tv show "Pawn Stars" yesterday

bjshov8 at tx.rr.com bjshov8 at tx.rr.com
Mon Nov 22 13:09:42 MST 2010

They seemed to be replaying a lot of episodes yesterday.  My wife was watching them so I couldn't help but overhear some of it.  In one episode someone brought in a 1964 Sprite.  It looked pretty good, he was asking $10k, but the car wouldn't start.  The driver said he drove it to the store but it must have had a dead battery now.  The store owner thought that they were collectible so he offered $5k.  Then he took the car to his mechanic friend to have it checked out.  The mechanic friend said that it had some spun rod bearings and needed a new engine, which would cost $6k.  I told my wife that they needed a new mechanic.