[Spridgets] License Plate plinth orientation

bjshov8 at tx.rr.com bjshov8 at tx.rr.com
Mon Nov 22 14:07:02 MST 2010

Sounds like a BS law.  Sounds like the state legislature and certainly the various police forces have lots better to do than to look for clear license plate covers.  (Of course that makes sense coming from California.)

In our state we had a new law that you couldn't cover up any significant part of the license plate.  As the story goes one of the state legislators was in a courtroom when a trial came in for one of these offenses.  The testifying police office said that part of the "J" (or whatever letter it was) was obscured.  The judge asked "well if part of it was obscured then how did you know it was a "J" ?"  I think of the newspapers that was reporting on this walked through the restricted parking lot at the state capitol where the legislators parked and counted about 50% of the cars that had illegal license plate covers.  The law was soon changed.