[Spridgets] Question on Air Filtration To Spridgets List

kgb at frontiernet.net kgb at frontiernet.net
Sat Oct 2 16:17:22 MDT 2010

After Mt. St. Helens blew her top, we bought sheets of foam rubber and wrapped tehm around the air filters on all our taxies. We held it in place with panty hose. We never lost an engine, despite all the ash in the air.

Kate

I would like opinion on whether or not my foam filters are doing a decent
job of filtering?  I do plan to upgrade with K & N's. .  yet at the same
time I have put a good amount of miles using the foam filters and wonder if
I have caused unnecessary harm to my motor?

Thank you so much for all the previous help I have received from the list.
.  it is so appreciated.

Kirk

59 1275

PS
The OER takes the same jets and emulsion tubes, etc as the Weber. .  and I
think it is a fantastic alternative to the Weber as it also allows you to
adjust the float bowl height as well as the accel pump. .  (I like to put a
plug in for the OER as I think that it is a fantastic carb)!
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums