[Spridgets] Orvis Landy

Guy R Day grday at btinternet.com
Sun Oct 17 12:44:41 MDT 2010

Linda,

That model had a 2268cc straight 4 engine either petrol or diesel.  You
would expect around 15-18 mpg (UK) for a general use motor.
'V' engines were not general factory fitted until the Ninety and One-Ten
models from 1983 on.  There were a few 'Stage One' vehicles fitted with them
which were a mating between a Ser 111 Land Rover and Range Rover running
gear.  Once the carb restrictor plates were thrown away they were fairly
tidy motor for a Land Rover.
The 11A Land Rover was an improved model and not a cost saving exercise.
This one listed is basically the Series 1 with a Series 11 body.  From what
is said I would expect the chassis number to read 155900*** for a petrol or
156900*** if a diesel.  The turning circle is listed as being 45 feet.
I had a school teacher who owned one and it was the first vehicle I ever
drove unsupervised (and under age without a licence.)

Guy R Day