[Spridgets] Pertronix woes..

Steven Guterman an5.sprite at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 20:58:12 MDT 2010

Dean,

I had a Pertonix Ignitor I that bit the dust earlier this year after I
hooked up a 0.45 ohm coil.  When I called them I was told the Ignitor II was
much more robust and would not have burnt out. I was also told the ignitor I
will burn out if the car is not running but the ignition is left on.

 I ended up upgrading to the ignitor II for $60. So far it is working OK but
very little running time.

 Which one did you have?