[Spridgets] Pertronix woes..

Bill L pythias at pacifier.com
Fri Oct 22 21:10:52 MDT 2010

Hello Dean,

     I'll put in my 2 cents.....

     I had a pertronix unit fail me and I had a $200+ tow bill.

     I put in a Crane 700. Years ago. PITA to set up, but I've never
     heard of a Crane unit failing. Not one. Racers use them.

     I was having a problem that I couldn't figure out with the engine
     running roughly and thought it could be the Crane, and was told
     "Whatever the problem is, it's NOT the Crane unit" and it wasn't.

     If you go with a Pertronix, carry a spare, or Go with a Crane and
     be done.

--
Best regards,
 Bill L.                           mailto:pythias at pacifier.com

 '66 Sprite MKIII HAN8L49403   "the red thing"

      * "I'm falling into a void," said Tom flawlessly.