[Spridgets] Long term engine storage help..

Lester oldsaabguy at comcast.net
Sun Sep 12 18:01:03 MDT 2010

Ok, so here's what I eded up doing:

First of all the engine was already out of the car so there was no starting
and running and putting in oil.

Spray marine engine preserver stuff into carbs, turn engine over by hand
several times, repeat.

Remove valve cover, spray same stuff all over valve train and into depressions
around valves.

Spin engine over by hand some more times so that this stuff is on all the
valve seats.  All of this with plugs out.

Spray this stuff into each piston several times and rotate by hand and
repeat.

Replace valve cover and loosely tighten valve cover bolts

Spray engine with ACF 50.. an aircraft anticorrosion product that the Jag guys
use to keep the aluminum shiny.

Replace plugs lightly with a coating of anti-seize.

Later this month I will place in a big plastic bag and get rid of as much air
as possible.

20 years from now I want someone to ask me how that engine is doing ok...

Lester