[Spridgets] Runs great, but terrible mileage

WeslakeMonza1330 at aol.com WeslakeMonza1330 at aol.com
Thu Sep 16 12:09:44 MDT 2010

My Sprite will do over 110mph and mostly I cruise at 80-90mph in 5th  gear.
 All the acceleration I do is hard and the engine has a 45 DCOE Weber
calibrated for full race mixture.  I figure that on a steady run I can get
26mpg.

For your engine to get 18-22mpg you either have an excessively right
mixture (black smoke) and drive flat out constantly, even on a 4.2 diff or you
have a fuel leak or both.

Your mileage ought to vary...