[Spridgets] GPS

Ron Soave soavero at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 20 06:52:27 MDT 2010

--- On Mon, 9/20/10, Guy R Day <grday at btinternet.com> wrote:
> For a figure used by the guy in the street they are as good
> as anything else they use.

I was able to use my Droid's GPS in Newfoundland. It was accurate to the 2nd decimal place to the odometer intervals provided in the route books that were determined via a Terratrip. Unfortunately, the full GPS needed access to Google, and a full time data connection was impossible for that half of the equation. We did find a good app for odometer that we used most of the time. The Terratrip is an inductive pickup place on a rotating object (wheel of trans shaft or whatever) that you calibrate in an odometer run.

Ron