[Spridgets] Bugeye door hinge

an5.sprite at gmail.com an5.sprite at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 13:35:08 MDT 2010

I am looking for some advice on rebuilding my Bugeye's door hinges.

When I took apart the hinge the pin was frozen to the center section and was rotating on the top and bottom. This seemed wrong as the pin on the top and bottom had small splines. As would be expected this wore away the metal pretty quickly once I started using the car.

Is it enough to just get an oversize pin and drill/ream everything to fit or is there enough metal to drill out and add a bushing without ending up with a part that is too weak.

Thanks

Steve
59 Green Bugeye