[Spridgets] Change from Generator to 1-wire Alternator

HealeyRick healeyrick at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 28 19:23:11 MDT 2010

Norm,

Try this, it may help:  http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/electric/ac101.htm and this
http://www.members.tripod.com/pdljmpr/techin.htm

Rick

Follow My Nasty Boy Build:  http://tinyurl.com/yj52fwo

--- On Tue, 9/28/10, Norm 2Bs <twobees at sprynet.com> wrote:
http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/electric/ac101.htm
From: Norm 2Bs <twobees at sprynet.com>
Subject: [Spridgets] Change from Generator to 1-wire Alternator
To: bugeye at yahoogroups.com, MGVR at yahoogroups.com, "MG Digest"
<mgs at autox.team.net>, "Spridgets Digest" <spridgets at autox.team.net>, "Vintage
Racing Digest" <vintage-race at autox.team.net>
Date: Tuesday, September 28, 2010, 8:52 PM

HELP!  My old crew and auto electrical expert, now racer himself, is still
in Connecticut (Hi, Jim) & I'm stumped by this conversion.

Last weekend, my tach-drive gear box decided to go bouncing down the track
as I pulled into the pits after Saturday's last race.  Lost.  How it came
off is unknown.  But, this is pushing me into installing the mini 1-wire
alternator I've had sitting on the parts shelf for a year.  I need to do
some minor mods to get it to fit.  But, they're easy.  Problem is how to
deal with the wires on the regulator.

I found a description on line about connect brown wires, etc.  But, no
all-brown wires on the Turner regulator.  And, the standard Sprite wiring
diagrams don't help a lot.

If anyone could help, I would appreciate it.

Here's what I have on the regulator terminals:
A1 - 2 brown/blue wires
A - 1 brown/white
F - 1 yellow/green
D - 2 yellow
E - 2 black
(Photos available)

Turner has already been converted to 12v negative ground. And, as a race car
has an emergency shut-off switch.

PMs to: twobees at sprynet.com

Thanks all.

Norm