[Spridgets] Chevy Impala vise Cadillac

Jay jfishbein at snet.net
Fri Apr 1 15:32:54 MST 2011

An interesting discussion.

My poor experiences in owning GM vehicles prejudices me against buying one
today. I completely agree that the quality has increased 10-fold compared to the
junk they were pushing out in the 70's, but as a current owner of a 95 Chevy
pickup one thing that hasn't completely changed for the better is the dealer
experience. Obviously I am only speaking for dealers in my area, but in
expertise as well as their facilities, they seem stuck in past.

 jay

________________________________
From: Kirk Hargreaves <khargreaves2 at gmail.com>

It was said by a GM executive that a Cadillac costs GM only $200.0 more to
build than say a standard size Chevy, such as the Impala of the day.  . .
yet of course the markup price to the customer was far more than a mere
$200.0.

I wonder how close those numbers hold true today?

It would not surprise me if the same situation still exists.  Possibly not
at the same level of difference. .  but still within a margin of difference
that would be surprising to many people.

Kirk