[Spridgets] BMC 948 race engine ID?

an5.sprite at gmail.com an5.sprite at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 12:45:29 MST 2011

Mark,

Thanks for your quick response. The engine is out of the car but still assembled so I do not have access to the internals, yet. I may need to open it up.

The head has the numbers 2A629 stamped between cylinders 1and 2 and the numbers:

  RMO
21086
   8

Between 3 and 4

The block has the standard 950 cast and the numbers 2A799

I am not sure which hex bolt you mean - are they on under the backing plate which covers the oil pump or on the side?

If on the side then just a single hex bolt threaded down to what looks like an area near the cam.

BTM the flywheel while steel was very nicely lightened by removing much of the material on the back.

Steve