[Spridgets] My Largest eBay Profit

bjshov8 at tx.rr.com bjshov8 at tx.rr.com
Tue Apr 5 10:56:59 MDT 2011

My wife collects various things but I don't have the temperment to be a real collector.  I am more of an "accumulator".  I find thing that I like and buy some of them in variations that I like, but I don't want to have to buy every one of them and track down all of the rare variants.

I saw a show on TV a few weeks ago about a guy that collected old model train stuff.  He had thousands and thousands of pieces- trains, props, buildings, track, people, all kinds of stuff from up to 150 years ago that all went into trains.  There was one piece that was a large building or group of buildindgs, and he had every one that the company made.  I don't mean every variation, but every single one of the buildings that were sold.  He had a bridge from Europe that was bombed during WWI and no longer existed.  He had a home with a very large basement, over 5,000SF if I heard it right, and it was completely full of train tracks and loaded shelves.  He finally decided he had collected everything that was available, so he was going to sell every bit of it and start over collecting something else.  The auction house that was going to sell it said they thought it would go for well into 8 figures.