[Spridgets] Datsun tranny fill plug questions

Bill L pythias at pacifier.com
Tue Apr 12 18:07:58 MDT 2011

Hello Spridgets,

  I've been trying to get the FILL plug out of the side of my DATSUN
  tranny. I haven't tried the drain plug yet. Anyway, it's in so tight
  I can't budge it. I tried a 9/16" end wrench to no avail, then a 12"
  crescent, then I banged lightly with a hammer on the end of the
  crescent. .. Is the fill plug left hand thread? How much pressure
  should I be willing to put on the thing?  What size 12 point socket
  fits a 14 mm square? Could it be galled up?

--
Best regards,
 Bill L.                          mailto:pythias at pacifier.com

 '66 Sprite MKIII HAN8L49403  "the red thing"

   When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water.