[Spridgets] See the new Fiat 500 today

Guy R Day grday at btinternet.com
Thu Apr 28 12:51:09 MDT 2011

Don 't forget our gallons are bigger than yours so we will get more.

Eldest Daughter is a dyed-in-the wool (9 years) MINI owner and is looking
for a new motor.  She has tried the Smart, BMW 116D and the Fiat 500 as
alternative choices.  She gets a 'pre-haggle' partner-company discount of
20% on the BMW and only 15% on the MINI but is going back to the MINI.

She says the Fiat got to freeway cruising speeds (80mph) fairly quickly but
I do remember the first Fiat 500 and its build quality.  In the damp weather
of the UK, I have an inbuilt resistance to the Fiat, Alpha Romeo etc. and
whilst there is respect for small engine power that is not there for the
vehicle body.

B.T.W.   It is my understanding that Fiat now own 47% of Chrysler and it is
expected they will have the controlling interest fairly soon.

Guy R Day