[Spridgets] turn signal flasher

Rick Fisk refisk at chartermi.net
Mon Aug 1 15:06:26 MDT 2011

In keeping with Frank's "We tight" philosophy I repaired the turn signal
flasher on the '79 Party Midget this afternoon rather than spend $2.19 for a
new one at the hardware store.

I was curious about how they worked.  So I pried the case open and found just
what I expected to find - two contacts with one mounted on a bi-metallic
strip.  I cleaned the contacts and plugged it in.  The flashers worked, but
very slowly.  After a little judicious adjustment with a pair of needle nose
pliers we're back in business and flashing away.  :-)

Rick