[Spridgets] Master cylinder

Hal Faulkner frog.aye at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 15:09:40 MDT 2011

The confusion here stems from the fact that we are not being precise:  we
have two cylinders and therefore need to be careful  which end we are
talking about.
At the MASTER, a larger master moves more fluid with the same travel, but
needs more force to produce the same hydraulic pressure.
At the SLAVE, a larger cylinder (slave) needs more fluid to travel the same
distance, but will do so with less hydraulic pressure.
Since Joe is experiencing insufficient travel at the slave, he needs a
longer push rod to take up the excess slack.  If this doesn't prove
sufficient he could use a smaller SLAVE to get more travel.  OR he could use
a larger MASTER to move more fluid and get the same effect.
Joe apparently replaced his slave cylinder with one from Rivergate, if the
new SLAVE is larger it will move less.  If the MASTER is smaller (*e.g*.,
3/4 instead of 7/8) it will mot move the slave cylinder as far.
He could possibly solve the situation with a longer pushrod at the slave.
Hal