[Spridgets] brakes

Steven Guterman an5.sprite at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 08:02:49 MDT 2011

Jess,

I think you are on the right track. It could anything.  I would also be
suspicious of the whole setup since the PO swapped the clutch and brake
connections. You need to find out WHERE the problem starts, the why will
then become very clear. You will need to be systematic.

Is everything installed correctly?
Are the right and left front calipers swapped?
Are the rear brakes adjusted? You can take out all the play tempororily so
there is no movement and then loosen the brake adjustment once you get a
brake pedal.
Any leaks in any of the pipes or connections?
Was the brake system dry and exposed to the moisture in the atmosphere?
Could be some internal rust in the lines. Could also be a rubber seal has
dried out allowing air to go back and force.

Do you have pressure from the outlet at the master cylinder?

Assuming the 4-way is not rusted, open the connection going into the 4-way
to check for pressure.

Next check you are getting pressure on the way out of the 4-way.

Follow one line to the back and check again.

Check hoses as mentioned by others.

Good Luck,

Steven
59 green bugeye