[Spridgets] High Oil Pressure, The Saga Continues

Michael MacLean rrengineer.mike at att.net
Wed Aug 10 00:43:01 MDT 2011

    I finally got a calibrated oil pressure test gauge and hooked it up
tonight to my Bugeye.  If you remember, I was getting 120 PSi at speed and no
less than 90 PSI at idle.  I took the car for a drive tonight.  The ambient
temp outside is less than 70 degrees and the car did not warm up after driving
it for a half hour more than 170 degrees.  The idle was about 37 PSI and at
speed it would go to 70 to 75 PSI.  I'm not sure how accurate this gauge is,
but I like these numbers a lot better.  Incidently I re-installed the normal
oil pressure relief valve for the test.  Tomorrow I am going to re-install the
adjustable relief valve and see if I can get it down to a more ideal
pressure.  After that I am going to do an oil and filter change and see what
those results are like.
Mike MacLean
60 Sprite
56 BN2