[Spridgets] UPDATE axle or pinion problems?

Mark Haynes haynes386 at netzero.net
Wed Aug 17 08:56:04 MDT 2011

Chris- I may be wrong (I'm sure I'll be corrected if I am), but I don't think
that there is enough room inboard to drive the piece out in that direction,
the spider gear pin gets in the way (just as it does when trying to drive it
out without pulling the pumpkin)- Besides, if you're pulling the pumpkin out,
then it'll be easier to remove by driving it out the way it came in and you
don't run the risk of bodging the side gear splines.

Mark Haynes
It only goes one way-Pay it Forward
HAN6L12977
HAN5L8016

Well, thanks everyone for the tips.  It wasn't even beer worthy to get them
out.  I had no idea that is what hold these things in.

However, looks like I have a lot of work ahead of me this weekend.

http://www.elmbrookcomputers.com/images/P7290057.JPG
http://www.elmbrookcomputers.com/images/P7290056.JPG
http://www.elmbrookcomputers.com/images/P7290055.JPG

I do have a spare (as shown) but looks like I'll be having some quality time
on the wire wheel with it as well.

The other side looks fine fortunately except for some metal shavings
sticking to it.

So-since I have to crack the pumpkin open anyway, should I drive the piece
out towards the wheel or in towards the middle?

Anything else I should do since I'm there?  I did a full brake replacement
back there 2 years ago including the hoses, so I think I'm good there.

Thanks