[Spridgets] Rust prevention

corvallis at peoplepc.com corvallis at peoplepc.com
Tue Aug 30 20:10:34 MDT 2011

...and from our good friend William Thornton:

"I been painting for 30 years+. In 20 years of using the WD40, I've never
had any rust come back through anything I painted this way (this is just the
way I do it ...OK!!). WD40 will neutralize rust stops it dead in its tracks.

When I got my truck, I scratched the rust with Brillo pad or sandpaper;
whatever I could get to. Then blew everything off with air; all the little
crevices, up under the truck. Then just saturated everything with WD40.
After it sits hour or so, blow off excess with air (rust has been stopped.)
Then let it sit, for a couple of weeks at least, and paint with primer. I
use spray cans; that way I can get paint in tight spots with that under
truck!! Works great for me.

If its rusty, it gets the WD40 treatment from me. And yes, I Figured This
Out!! I put WD40 on everything that moves or don't move (did I say
everything??) This means computer keys,... let's just say everything!! My
house smells like WD-40 & my Truck. (...even ME) I've had 4 major surgeries;
3 steel plates in left foot, full right hip replacement, right shoulder been
reconstructed, 3 ruptured disc in back (fell through scaffold in 1982)!! I
just about bath in WD40. The doctors can't believe how good I HEALED UP! No
skin problems and I could go on and on about this!!! "   (do not attempt
this at home!  ...bill in corvallis)